Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Indecisive

Ugh…the weekend weather has thrown many wrenches into my plans lately!  An outside bike ride is just out of the question today  due to the wind and chilly temps. 

image

So I got ready for an outside run, but I lost my desire for that the second I stepped outside.  So I hopped in my car to head to the gym to run on the treadmill only to realize as I was driving that I had forgot my water bottle (and I tend to sweat a ton in the gym – so water is a must!).  I headed back to Eric’s with the intention of riding on the trainer, and that was when I realized I was supposed to ride 4 hours today (I thought I had read two hours on my plan, but obviously my eyes were mistaken).  The thought of 4 hours on the trainer sounds awful and I’m hoping if I can hold off on riding until tomorrow maybe the wind will subside a little bit and the temps will raise.  Maybe I’ll pack my bike up and head to the bike trail to ride.  Or I’ll ride around here…we’ll see. 

Anyways, now I’m sitting on the couch with my running gear on with no desire to run at this point.  I have a pile of work that I need to get done this weekend.  I wish I could just throw up my hands this weekend and say “whatever!” and just get the work done and leave the training for later.  But I need to at least do something this weekend, even if it doesn’t involve a 4 hour bike ride! 

Alright, I’m going to get my work done today.  If I can fit a run in this afternoon, then great.  If not, then so be it.  I have to get this work done or else it will lead to a very stressful week (which I just can’t have any of anymore!).  If the run needs to happen at 7pm, then it happens at 7pm.  If it can only be 45 minutes instead of 90, then so be it. 

Things will get easier…just four more weeks with students and then my hours drop back a little bit for 10 days of work and then it’s my summer!  Then I can have 3 months of awesome training leading up to Ironman.  No problem?!?

No comments: