I failed – The plan was to get a run in before it got too hot (which I accomplished!) and then jump on my bike and go for a spin outdoors. I decided to get my bike off the trainer and the tires inflated before my run so I wouldn’t have to waste any time with all that junk. I went to inflate my back tires, got them all filled up, and then went to take the tire pump off the valve in the tube. And that’s when the fail happened….

Somehow I pulled the valve out of the tube as I was taking off the tire pump. Now I have a completely deflated tube within my tire and I’ve never changed a tube before, let alone the rear wheel tube. This is why Eric inflates my tires all the time. I can’t be trusted with anything!
I’ve been saying that I need to learn how to change my own tubes because if something happens out on the bike course at Ironman Louisville I am screwed if I don’t know how to do it! I guess there’s no better time than today, right? I’m going to attempt to change the tube in my rear wheel. This could be another epic fail and leaving me frustrated until Eric gets home from work and can help me. Or, I could surprise myself and get it taken care of. We’ll see!
As far as my run goes – I completed 4 miles in 45 minutes at a 11:23/mile pace. This was with my 5:00 walk/5:00 run intervals, so needless to say, I was bookin’ it on the run!
Today’s a busy day – trying to figure out how to change my tube on my bike, maybe getting a bike ride in, picking up dog food, grabbing some groceries, meeting with my insurance agent about getting coverage for my bike, seeing if I can get a hair cut, getting a swim in at the pool, and getting packed up for Easter in Indy! Busy, busy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment