Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Sweet Ride

I’m the proud owner of a brand spankin’ new Tri-Bike.  Isn’t it beeeeautiful??? 

DSCN1414

DSCN1415

DSCN1419

DSCN1417

Keifer likes to check the bike out as well!

DSCN1420

Eric rigged up my bike computer in a way that only Eric can…he’s a handy one to have around :)!

I haven’t blogged in a few days because things have been crazy. 

image

Friday I ended up crawling out of bed at 4:30 and headed to the gym to get a swim in before work.  I completed 2500 yards in 37 minutes and had TONS of time to get ready and get to work.  In fact, I had about 30 minutes to spare, which is great news.  There will be more a.m. swims in the future!

Friday afternoon was spent running errands and picking up my bike.  I’ve decided to hold off on the wheels for now, but I’m still considering purchasing them. 

Saturday morning there was no rest for the weary.  I woke up at 5:00 a.m. to ride my bike for the first time.  Eric and I hadn’t been able to get my bike computer hooked up yet, so I had no idea how fast I was going, but the ride felt awesome.  I spent a lot of time fiddling with my aero bars to get the settings just right, so I only ended up riding for 45 minutes.  Also, my neck was killing me!  My neck is just not used to being in that position and I think it will take me a while to build my muscles up.  No worries though, my neck will come around!  I spent my time on the bike watching this….

DSCN1422

It’s a 3 hour, 23 minute overview of the Ironman Louisville bike course.  It’s nice to get a little sneak peak. 

After my rather short ride (I desperately need to get some longer rides in!) I got ready and hopped in the car to head to Indy for a family friend’s bridal shower.  After that I headed back to Cincinnati to get some work done. 

This morning I woke up early, once again (I haven’t “slept in” for quite some time now…boo!) and headed out for a 60 minute walk/run.  I did my usual 5:00 walk/5:00 run intervals and I had absolutely no knee pain today (yay!).  I ran an average of 11:47/mile and finished 5 miles.  Not too bad considering I walked half of it. 

Now I’m watching some tv and I need to get more work done.  And maybe spending some time with the Keifer-boy…

DSCN1426

I just have to make it through four days of work and then my Spring Break starts!  I can’t wait to sleep past 6:00 a.m.!

No comments: