Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Focus on the Important Stuff

I’m not worrying right now about the marathon.  I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that I am either going to switch to the half-marathon or drop out of it altogether.  I decided to hold off on the running this weekend.  Instead, I did a pretty intense Jillian Michael’s 40 minute strength training workout yesterday and 30 minutes on the bike today.  I strapped my road bike on to the indoor trainer and watched some Law and Order while riding for the first time in months.  I could’ve handled more than 30 minutes if it wasn’t for my butt being sore after that amount of time.  It’s good to start getting some time in on the bike now so my butt is ready to go come March. 

My focus is on the Ironman now.  That is what is the important thing this year.  Not some random marathon which is just hurting my body more than helping it.  I’m going to shoot for that half marathon, which I think is still a good goal to work towards.  When I head out for my next run attempt this week, I’m going to move slow and see how it goes.  I’m not pushing my luck this time around like I did last year with marathon training.  I learned that nothing good comes from that!

I watched a video of highlights from Ironman Louisville 2009 and it made me very emotional.  I can’t wait to cross that finish line!  I’ve been to the area of town where the finish line is, so I can picture it all in my head, and it’s just going to be amazing.  Here’s the link to the video if anyone is interested…

http://www.ironmanusalive.com/RaceVids/imlou/RaceVid-2009-LOU-high.wmv

No comments: