Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Unmotivated

I was supposed to get a 12 miler in today…

image

(I’m a proponent of less is more when it comes to my training…if I run more than three days I week I tend to struggle more with knee pain!). 

Anyways, I woke up completely unmotivated today.  Keifer had some issues last night and woke me up at 4:00 and I had to completely strip my sheets on my bed.  I was not happy and I was incredibly tired.  So what was supposed to be a decently early wake up call to get 12 miles in turned in to an 8:30 sleep-in and now I am not feeling the run at all.  That, and I drove up to Eric’s to do the run and I thought my water bottle belt was up at his place but now I’m thinking it’s still at my apartment because I can’t find it anywhere.  I definitely need water on this run because I regretted not having it for my 10 miler. 

Lucky for me, I planned times like this in to my training plan, so this shouldn’t derail me in any way.  It’s probably best that I don’t try to run 12 miles today anyways, because in all honesty I’ve been incredibly lazy this week due to the unseasonably cold weather.  Both Wednesday and Thursday it was below freezing and really windy, leaving us with near zero degree wind chill temps.  My body just isn’t ready to run in that kind of weather.  I’m not ready for the wind!  So I haven’t run since Monday.  The plan for today is to get out and do an easy 6 miles or so.  I can’t take the day off completely due to my laziness this week…but 12 miles just isn’t going to happen.  And I’m ok with that!

What am I going to do with all that extra time that I was going to be running with?  Making my much-requested peppermint Christmas cookies!  Time to get domestic!

image

I might even help Eric do some painting in one of his guest rooms today. 

Still no final decision regarding the pool situation.  I guess I’m just putting it off for a while, although I know the guy I talked to is going to start stalking me here soon over the phone!

Happy Saturday!

No comments: