Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mmmm…Cake

I’ve really got the itch to bake nowadays.  I was thinking about what to bake all day, knowing that I had this waiting for me at home….

DSCN1255

I found a recipe for pumpkin cookies and I had plans to make that…that is, until I got home.  I realized that my hand mixer was up at Eric’s, which meant no cookies!

I did a little thinking, and then remembered the delicious pumpkin cake I made last year for Thanksgiving with Eric’s family.  No hand mixer required….just a whisk!

I pulled out the rather dirty recipe (the dirtiness just shows that it had a lot of love put in to it last time around)…

DSCN1254

and I got to work with my ingredients and whisk!

While mixing everything together, I enjoyed a new beer…

DSCN1256

Not too bad…very similar to a Blue Moon.  Almost two hours later and I’m still nursing that same beer :).

After the ingredients were mixed, I threw the batter into two cake pans.  I made the mistake of using a bundt cake pan the last time around and the batter almost overflowed while baking.  I played it smart this time…

DSCN1257

Icing in the background ready to go….and an apple cider candle to really get in the mood!

I popped the pans into the oven and 45 minutes later out popped these beauties…

DSCN1258

Mmmm….cake!

I let them cool then threw some cream cheese icing on there.  I’m planning on taking some of the cake to work, some of it to dinner with the girls tomorrow, and some of it will go to Eric.  I may eat a piece or two at some point :).

I can’t wait for Christmas cookie season!  Colder temps just make me want to bake, bake, bake!

I’m in the middle of major R&R this evening.  I’m still getting work done, no worries!  But I’m doing it while catching up on some Top Chef while sitting on the couch.  Three days until Half-marathon #2 of my life!  Wish me luck :)!

No comments: