I’m just sitting here, watching some tv, reading some books and waiting for Brooke and Kate to get here. I can’t wait to see them! I haven’t seen Brooke in a year, and that’s a long time to go without seeing your best friend!
After the cuddle-fest with Keifer this morning, I left him up and Eric’s house and returned to my empty apartment.
No sign of a dog…minus a dog bed.
Lucky for me, I had a new delivery waiting for me!
I ordered these books to help me come up with a training plan for Ironman Louisville and I’m so excited to have them! I’ve weighed the pros and cons of hiring a coach vs. coming up with my own training program. I think I’ve come to the decision that I am going to formulate my own training plan and go it on my own. I enjoy doing things like this. I did the whole “coached training plan” for my marathon because I was scared I wasn’t going to be able to do it without a little push from a group and a coach. Honestly, I didn’t like having to be on someone else’s schedule.
So, I’m going to start working on a plan over the next few months and go from there. If I get to the point where I am overwhelmed and don’t know what to do with myself, then I’ll look into hiring a coach. But for this Ironman, my only goal is to finish. I kind of want to do it on my own. I’m selfish like that, I guess.
But all that is neither here nor there. I still haven’t even registered for the event yet!
*Edit*: I forgot to mention in my original post that I did get a swim in this afternoon (along with all my other to-dos). I hopped in the pool for a “recovery swim”, although I’m not quite sure what I was recovering from (other than the fact that I’ve been exhausted lately). I did 5 x 200 (50 easy, 50 build, 50 easy, 50 hard) and 150 cooldown. Check it off the plan!
For now I’m just sitting around, wasting some time until my friends get here from Chicago! Then it’s time for a whirlwind weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment