I headed out for a morning workout which involved hopping on my “new” bike!
New wheels and a new saddle make it feel new, at least!
I headed out for a 45 minute ride (30 minutes RPE 3, 15 minutes RPE 5). The ride went well, although it was a little warmer outside than it has been lately, which is always a bit of a shocker on the body. My training schedule called for a bike/run brick today (plus a swim in the afternoon), so I dropped my bike off and headed out for a run. I was already a sweaty mess!
My schedule called for a 30 minute run (10 minutes RPE 3, 20 minutes RPE 5). I was not feeling good on this run. My legs were like lead and it took everything in my power not to quit. I threw out the whole RPE 3/5 thing and just focused on getting the 30 minutes in. After 20 minutes, I started to feel a little better and got the 30 minutes in before calling it quits.
This afternoon I’m heading to the pool to do 12 x 100. That should take me about 30 minutes.
I’ve been super tired lately and I’m finding it rather difficult to get out of bed in the morning. Hopefully this is just because of the lack of sleep I got last week and it will work itself out. I slept 12 hours last night and had to force myself out of bed this morning. Now, 12 hours isn’t a stretch for me…it’s not the first time I’ve slept that much, but I just hope it’s due to my sleep deficit and not overtraining. I didn’t train that much last week (but did do a lot of hiking), so I wouldn’t think it was overtraining. I don’t have a day off until Friday and tomorrow I have a 12 mile run on my schedule, so I need to get over this slump asap!
Time to go eat some lunch and head to the pool for a swim! I’m going out to eat tonight with the girls for an early birthday celebration. We’re going to a place called Dee Felice which is a Cajun restaurant in northern Kentucky and supposedly has a Jazz band playing on Tuesday nights! I love me some Cajun food. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment