Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Much Better Monday

I woke up one happy day-after triathlete today!  No body soreness…yippee!  I’m in much better condition than I was this time last week.  So, I jumped right back in to my training plan…

I started the day with a 45 minute easy bike ride.  I checked out some nearby neighborhoods to pass the time.  My legs felt decent…a little soreness in my left knee, but nothing to write home about.

Then I went grocery shopping to pick up stuff to get me through the week.  I’m leaving on Saturday for the family vacation to Damascus, VA.

After some lunch I headed over to the hiking store to purchase some items for our upcoming vacation.  I bought Eric a pair of hiking shorts (he doesn’t have time to go get them this week), an extra pair of hiking socks for myself, a dog backpack, and a hiking water bowl for dogs.  More on the dog backpack in just a bit….

After the hiking store I headed to the pool for a “long day” swim.  I did:

1x500, 5x50 warmup

1x1500 RPE 3

2x75, 1x50 cooldown, each slower than the last

Total yards:  2,450

I felt great!  the 1500 went by rather quickly and I had relatively little shoulder pain.  A very successful swim in my book!

After the swim I was excited to head up to Eric’s to have Keifer try on his new backpack :).  Ha!  I figured he’d be weirded out by it or try to get it off of him, and I was correct on all accounts. 

DSCN0847

DSCN0848 DSCN0850

He wouldn’t even sit still long enough for me to take a good picture of him…nor would he look me in the face.  I think he was angry at me.

 DSCN0852 After I took Keifer out of his misery, I set the backpack on the kitchen table and Keifer promptly tried to bite the straps.  Then I got the lovely look above as I took a picture of the backpack.

I think he’ll like it :).

In work news (yes, work news), I have to go in tomorrow to pack up my office.  I checked my work email yesterday and there were some wonderful emails about how a bunch of high school staff members are having their offices moved the week of July 27th.  We have to box up all of our office contents so the custodians can move them all to our new rooms.  I’m slightly stressed out because I have no idea what is in my office, really.  The previous psych left a bunch of stuff for me (which I was really grateful for), but I haven’t had a chance to go through it all yet!  So tomorrow I get to go through everything and pack it all up in hopes that it all makes it to its new home safely.  I have a feeling I won’t have enough boxes to move all my stuff in, so I may have to put some of the stuff I already moved to the high school back in my trunk for a couple weeks.  I start work August 4th, so it wouldn’t be in there for long since I’ll be gone all next week.  Ugh, I’m just stressed out about it because I was thoroughly enjoying my summer break and now I have to go into work tomorrow.  Boo!

I’m off to make some dinner.  Eric and I are in “food detox” from everything we ate over the extended weekend, so I’m making a buffalo chicken salad for dinner.  Easy and healthy!

No comments: