This weather is crazy here in Cincinnati! Lower 70s/high 60s yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Is it really July??? I mean, I’m not complaining. I’ll take this weather any day (especially because I have a 60 minute run scheduled for tomorrow), but it kind of cramps my swimming schedule because the pool isn’t open. I’m supposed to swim tomorrow, but it’s not looking promising. Lucky for me, I am competing in a triathlon this weekend, which will cover that scheduled swim if I can’t get it in before then.
I did get out for a 75 minute ride today. I drove over to the Little Miami Scenic Bike Trail to take advantage of a very flat ride. I started off with a 15 minute warm-up at a RPE 3-4 (rate of perceived exertion…it’s what I have to go off of since I don’t have a heart rate monitor). Then I did 50 minutes RPE 5-6 in and out or aero bars. I then finished up with a 10 minute cool down at RPE 3. My butt really hurt…which was weird because I only went 20 miles and I’ve gone farther than that plenty of times with no butt soreness. Who knows…maybe I’m just overdoing the bike a tad bit. But, no more biking on the schedule until the triathlon on Sunday, so that should give my butt plenty of rest time :).
So right now it looks like I’ll just get in a run tomorrow and no swim. Then Friday is my rest day…finally! I’m going to enjoy every second of it by hanging out with Eric and the parents and going to watch a Red’s Game! Then Saturday there is some 4th of July festivities planned up in Eric’s hometown. I’m trying not to think too much about Sunday yet. I have packed all my stuff up, though, minus my running shoes. I’m ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment