Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Update

Another Monday...but my last Monday of work for the summer! I'm joining the Rec Center this afternoon and going for a swim. I'm also planning on doing some pool running, so hopefully the pool is deep enough (I recently discovered my apartment's pool is not nearly deep enough for pool running). The plan is to do about a 1000 meters of lap swimming, and then 20-30 minutes of pool running. We'll see what actually happens though.

Anyways, here's the run down of the weekend:

Friday

I finally got out of work on Friday afternoon and headed up to Eric's for dinner and letting Keifer have some time to play with Nutmeg. On my way up there, I saw this funny sight:



The dog is in a compartment of some sort with just his head sticking out. It was great!

Anyways, upon arriving at Eric's, Keifer was not so much interested in Nutmeg, but instead found a new friend (obsession).




He's obsessed with Eric's snake. I'm not even sure how he discovered the snake, but if I couldn't find Keifer, I discovered that it was most likely he was plopped down in front of the snake's cage just staring at him.

I kept telling him to get out of the room, he wasn't having it though.



Keifer continued his stalking, and I made some dinner.



There was still a bunch of shrimp left over from last weekend (Eric is obviously not doing his job of consuming all the leftovers during the week!), so I used those and also used some roasted red peppers and a mediterranean salad of some sort for some color. I got sucked in by the olive bar at Jungle Jim's and purchased these two things. They had all sorts of yummy looking things!

Saturday

Saturday was kicked off by a morning bike ride! Eric and I did a 26.6 mile ride, and it was just out 13.3 miles and back the same way. It was a really nice ride with minimal traffic and nice roads. There was one huge hill right around the turn around point, and Eric and I discussed if we should give it a go or not, which we ultimately decided to just do it. It was a tough one, but we made it up (and then got to go back down it on the way back).

Before the ride I had a Kind bar (yummy) and a banana.




I've tried two different flavors of these Kind bars and they are pretty delicious! After the ride, Eric made us some pumpkin pancakes!




I got a picture of him mid-flip. He was really focused (notice the crazy eyes). The pancakes were good though, especially after a bike ride in temps that were sort of chilly. Eric said the smell of them made him think of fall. They weren't as pumpkin-y as I would have liked, but they were still good. I got the mix from Fresh Market, and maybe if I were to make them homemade they would be more pumpkin-y. Maybe some day in the future.

After breakfast Eric got focused on working on the laundry room some more. I took a nap and then made a light lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and roasted red pepper and tomato soup.



After lunch, it was time to paint. Finally, something I could help out with! The color we picked out looks really good with the flooring tiles that Eric put in. Eric loves the surprise action shot!



After the painting was done, I got ready to go hang out with the girls. We sat out on Cindy's porch for a while and caught up, then headed to a bar for one drink before heading over to Jennie's to sit around and talk some more. It was a really good time, and time flew by. I didn't get home until 2:30 a.m.! That's pretty late for me, that's for sure.

Sunday

Keifer was up at Eric's so I got to sleep in yesterday morning until 11:00, which was super nice! I did some laundry and then headed up to Eric's for dinner and a movie.



Dinner was a turkey burger with fresh mozzarella, sauteed peppers and onion, and sweet potato fries. The sweet potato fries were not my cup of tea (Eric said they tasted like funnel cake to him). The burger and peppers were delicious, and that is what I'm having for lunch today.

After dinner we watched the movie Twilight. I recently finished the book and needed to see the movie to see what all the fuss has been about. I was less than impressed, but that's besides the point. As I was sitting in a chair watching the movie (Eric's getting his couches delivered next weekend!), Keifer decided that he was a small puppy and climbed up in my lap to sleep. Eric thought it was funny, so he grabbed my camera. Excuse my gross appearance (it was a Sunday!).



Oh, Keifer. He's a crazy one. The floor is just not good enough for him! And yes, I spoil him, I know.

And that was pretty much the weekend. My mom is coming in to town today to pick up an air matress from me, and we're heading back up to Eric's to get Keifer (he had a sleepover last night so I could get a big chunk of laundry done), see all of his home improvements, and head out to eat.

I just have to make it through this week and then I'm pretty much home free in terms of work! I have a random day of work later in June. I can't wait to not have to get ready for work and instead spend my mornings going on a run or riding my bike. This week couldn't go by quickly enough!

No comments: