The pool was great again today!
I did:
1x500 meters free (at a slow, warmup pace)
4 laps of pool running (takes me approximately 7-8 minutes to do this)
1x500 meters free with fins (working on stroke form)
4 laps of pool running
1x500 meters free build (which means get faster over the course of the 500)
4 laps of pool running
1x100 meter cooldown
Total time in pool: Approximately 45 minutes
The last 500 felt great! I'm really happy with how my swimming is progressing in just 2 days of being in the pool. I'll be able to do the Olympic distance tri swim with no problems! I'm taking a day off from swimming tomorrow, but planning to return to the pool on Thursday. I can't swim every day!
Day 2 30-Day Shred Report:
I finished Day 2 just a few minutes ago. I was definitely feeling the soreness on the side lunges and shoulder raises. I had to do the modified versions of those. Actually, my IT bands up by my hips were hurting on the side lunges, but doing the modified version didn't hurt them at all. Maybe I'm just not cut out for deep lunges, which is fine by me!
I picked up Eric's and my race packet for the Ride this weekend. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without my Saturday morning bike ride (the Ride is on Sunday), but maybe a little extra sleep wouldn't be so bad :).
I'm going to make a bunch of healthy dinners again this week starting Thursday (I have dinner with the girls tomorrow night), so stay tuned for pictures of those. I'm going to go search for some inspiration because I'm running out of new ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment