Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Mondays Aren’t So Bad When You Don’t Have to Work!

Ahhh…the joys of not having to work over the summer.  I can leisurely get up, eat my breakfast, do a session of Level 2 of the 30-Day Shred (I think I’m going to switch to Level 3 on Thursday), and go for a run.  It’s wonderful.

Speaking of the run….I had every intention to do 4 miles today, but the humidity was so freakin’ high that I was dripped sweat and having trouble breathing about .5 miles into it.  So I just did 2.5 miles and walked another .5 mile and called it a day.  I got to use my Gymboss for the first time!

DSCN0662 It was really nice having it.  I started with it on vibrate, but I couldn’t feel it while running so switched it over to beeping, which I could hear with no problems.  It was great!  I didn’t have to look at my watch at all to see how much time was left on my intervals.  I’m so happy I discovered this little tool to help me with my “running”.  I still managed around a 10 minute mile, which still amazes me since I am doing a minute of walking in there. 

I’m putting myself to a challenge….consume more water.  Drinking water was a piece of cake when I was working…but now I’m not sitting at a desk with it staring me in the face all day long.  So I am using my new Nalgene bottle that I purchased for the camping/hiking trip and I am going to fill it up at least two times a day…which would equal at least 64 oz. of water. 

DSCN0668

If I have to chug a bunch at the end of the day because I didn’t drink enough during the day, then so be it. 

Well, I have three full days until I leave for Vegas!  I cancelled my rsvp for the meeting I was going to attend at the high school on Wednesday.  I just feel too overwhelmed with stuff I need to do before I leave Thursday morning.  And it’s summer…I just don’t want to work this week.  Really, I’m just a little nervous about the triathlon I’m doing in less than two weeks.  I need all the time to prepare that I can get!  I’m hoping to get in 2 more swims and bikes before I leave on Thursday….which means I need to do both activities for the next two days….

Because today I will be shopping all day.  I need to find at least three outfits to wear in Vegas at night.  My goal is to find three cute dresses to wear since it will be so hot…but I do have some black shorts that I could wear with a shirt, if I find one.  So, today I will be doing the dreaded shopping.  Hopefully I have a streak of good luck today!

No comments: