Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Leavin’ On a Jet Plane

In less than 24 hours I will be in VEGAS!!!  I’m really excited and it should be a good time. 

I’m basically all packed (minus a few things I need for the morning) and ready to go.  Now I’m just distracting myself with a book of puzzles I bought for the plane ride.  I hate the waiting time leading up to something exciting!

This morning I headed out for what I thought would be another 75 minute ride.  I ended up getting psuedo-lost (I generally knew where I was, but not exactly) and the ride ended up being 100 minutes and 25 miles.  I averaged a little over 15 minute miles, which was good considering there were lots of hills at the beginning and lots of stop lights!  I’m feeling pretty confident heading in to my Olympic Distance Tri next weekend!

I had planned to do a swim this afternoon, but after that bike ride, I was just exhausted.  So I took the afternoon off.  The plan is to try to get a 60 minute run in tomorrow morning before I leave, so I’d rather put my energy into that than use it up on swimming, which is my forte out of the three sports.

I’m taking my computer with me to Vegas, so there may or may not be updates while I’m there.  The plan is to take some good pictures that I can post on here to show everyone how much fun I’m having!

Now it’s me, cable TV, and my book of puzzles.  Keifer is up at Eric’s and I’m planning on getting to bed early tonight :).

Bon Voyage!

No comments: