Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Camping Time!

I love camping!  And that’s what I’m doing this weekend.  I’m hoping the weather is going to hold up…right now there is a 40% chance of precipitation for tonight and tomorrow morning, with a chance of severe thunderstorms.  Hopefully we’ll get the 60% chance of no precipitation and call it a day!  We’re heading out right after Eric gets home from work, so I’m in charge of packing.

DSCN0643

It’s coming along.  Eric packed his bag when he came home for his lunch break, and I brought all my stuff over to his house from my place.  Now I just have to pack it all in the car and pack up the cooler.  We will hopefully be hitting the road around 5:30.  We then have to drive up to Eric’s parent’s house to drop the dogs off and then we’ll be meeting all our friends at the campsite after a 2 hour drive. 

We have lots of fun things planned for tomorrow!  The plan is to wake up at a decent time and hit the trails for a 6 mile hike.  I found a hike description online of a hike that goes from Old Man’s Cave to Ash Cave along the Buckeye Trail.  We’re only going to go to Cedar Falls and head back.  I think we’re capable of a 10 hour hike, but that would take all day!  Instead, we are going to do an afternoon kayak trip from the canoe livery where we are camping.  There are two trip options, and I think we’re going to go for the longer one to get more out of our day.  I’m sure after our 6 mile hike we will be wanting to cool down, so a dip in the river is likely to occur!  After that, we’ll head back to the campground to make some pizza pie irons (yum) and hang out with the group before crashing.  I bet I’ll sleep wonderfully tomorrow night!

In other news, I finished the lemon tart and I think it tastes great!

DSCN0633

Eric doesn’t really like the lemon zest on top, but it can’t be too bad because he has eaten half of the tart already!

This morning I got up and went for a bike ride because I was finally able to pick it up yesterday afternoon!  I was so excited to try out my new bike shoes!

DSCN0639

I think next time I’ll wear them without socks because they were a little too many layers for the incredibly high humidity this morning.  I did about 16 miles and it took me 66 minutes at an average pace of 15 mph.  I’m glad I didn’t plan on going much more because I could feel my legs getting sluggish at the end.  I could’ve used a Gu at about mile 12!

After lunch (which was a delicious wrap that I’ve had two days in a row now…Flatout Wrap, hummus, provolone cheese, and roasted red pepper….yum yum!  I didn’t come up with this brilliant, delicious idea on my own, I will admit.  I stole it from the blog LoveIN My Tummy…a hilarious blog, if you had some spare time on your hands like I do!) I went to the pool to get a swim in.  I swam for 30 minutes and did:

1x200 warmup

1x300 free with fins, flippers…I forget what they’re called!

1x1000 free, no breaks…piece of cake!  It actually was a great swim!

1x100 cool down

I’m feeling really good about my swimming capabilities.  I’ll get a few more swims in before the triathlon…and hopefully get a 1500 in there next week with no breaks.  I should be golden in the swimming portion.

Total yards: 1600

My Gymboss came in the mail today!

DSCN0642I’m not even going to try to figure it out right now.  Maybe I’ll take it with me and make Eric drive so I can get it set up in the car.  Or I’ll just deal with it when we get back on Sunday.  Either way, I’m excited to try it out next week!  Guess what I’ll be doing Monday morning????

Well, I’m off to finish packing.  I’ll make sure to take lots of pictures tomorrow and share them on here!  It’s been forever since I’ve been kayaking (and I don’t even think it was a really kayak…it was like an inflatable dingy-thing) so I’m really excited about that!  And I hope the weather cooperates so we can get out hike in!

No comments: