9 mile run...check.
Next week is 10 miles. Only one mile more than Saturday's run. Yet I'm really nervous about it. The 9 miles wasn't bad. My legs were hurting a little towards the end, but nothing I couldn't handle. We're going to run downtown on Saturday.
I should get in two five mile runs during the week, and so 10 miles shouldn't be too bad. After this weekend, the mileage starts jumping up by 2 miles per week. In three weeks, I will be halfway through my training program. I'm just trying to survive, week to week.
This past weekend was Valentine's Day. Eric and I didn't do anything too special. I ran in the morning and then took a 2 hour nap (there's nothing better than a nice long nap after a long run). We went and donated blood, and then we went to a couple places and out to dinner. We completed our Valentine's Day evening by watching last week's episode of Lost. Exciting stuff, I know. But we had a good time. I don't need a bunch of over the top excitement in my life. I'm happy being a home-body.
No comments:
Post a Comment