I bought a new pair of running shoes today. I'm super excited to run in them (that's how lame my life has become)! The plan is to switch between my old shoes and my new shoes, at least until the old shoes are done for. I love getting new running shoes. I'll start breaking them in tomorrow. Here's to hoping for no blisters or other foot issues.
Saturday's run went well. It was freezing cold, but I survived that with multiple layers and small amounts of flesh actually being exposed to the elements. We were supposed to run 6 miles, but come to find out, we actually ended up running 6.6 miles. We did a bunch of dead end roads, so I don't understand why they couldn't have cut those out to make it actually 6 miles. Oh well, at least I know I'm ready for the 7 mile run this coming weekend.
I've decided that my medicine is causing me more issues than benefits, so I have stopped taking it. I have felt pretty good today....not totally awake, but no worse than I feel when I take the medicine. I was supposed to have an appointment today with the sleep doctor, but they called on Friday to tell me they weren't open b/c of MLK day. I specifically asked them if they were sure they would be open a month ago when I made the appointment! I am so frustrated about it. Who knows when I'll be able to get back in for an appointment now. The next two weeks at work are not flexible in terms of my schedule. Hopefully I'll figure something out soon. My hope is that I can just start taking a stimulant in the morning and that's it. I'd much rather take something in the morning instead of being extremely restricted in terms of a social life in the evenings. I gave it a good go...but I'm done with it. The doctor may not be happy...but I don't care. They can't make me take a medicine that I don't want to take.
So yeah, summary of the week: I got new shoes, I stopped taking my crazy narcolepsy medicine that wasn't working anyways, and I ran 6.6 miles in the freezing cold (that's the longest I've run since the half marathon last year!).
No comments:
Post a Comment