I registered for the Flying Pig Marathon today. I'm committed (at least monetarily). No turning back now! Now I just need to train and stay injury-free. I'm excited about the informational meeting for the other training program on Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Well, I attempted a run yesterday afternoon. Keifer and I head out and before we even got out of the apartment complex it started snowing. And it wasn't just any snow...it was a windy, stinging snow. I couldn't even lift my face up to see where I was running. Snow kept getting in my eyes. Keifer was extra crazy, as he usually is when it's windy..and the snow probably didn't help considering he just experienced his first snow-fall on Sunday morning. So I tried to get some mileage in, but we probably ran a total of 1 mile and walked for another .5 miles before we called it quits. I was too scared for Keifer's well-being to continue. We're going to give it another go this afternoon after I get home from the gym and the grocery store.
I started my "healthy eating" plan yesterday. It's no particular weight loss plan...just trying to eat a lot of lean meats and less junk. I would like to lose about 10-15 pounds in the upcoming months in order to make running easier on my joints. Losing 20 pounds would be nice....but I'll be realistic for now. I'll be attempting to eat better and get lots of exercise in. I have DVDs to do in the mornings (yoga, pilates, circuit training targeting specific areas) and then two days a week at the gym lifting, and at least 4 runs a week. That's the goal, at least.
I still need to fit some personal activities in there as well. I'd like to take German classes (if I can find some cheap ones that are conveniently located to my apartment) and Eric and I need to find something to do together during the week as well. We might have settled on just watching Lost together when it starts back up in January (we both love that show...I actually got him to start watching it last year), but that seems pretty plain. We'll see. I'll continue to focus on the now....just have to get through December!
No comments:
Post a Comment