Follow along as I make my way towards completing Ironman Louisville on August 29, 2010 (and a few other things along the way)!

Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Turkey Week!

5.5 mile run....check.
I kept to my word of running on Saturday morning. I woke up at 7:00 am and did some baking (already got made fun of for that) in order to wake up and move around before heading out. I checked the outside temp. at 8:45 and was a little nervous since it was 15 degrees outside! The first mile of the run was rough...my muscles were tight because of the cold. But they loosened up and it turned into a pretty easy and what seemed to be quick run. I finished in 56 minutes, so that's good. My butt was a little numb by the end of the run, and my thighs were incredibly read and they had big bumps all over the sides of them. It looked like I had really bad cellulite (gross) and it itched. Probably not a good thing, but it mostly went away after I took a hot shower and it was all gone by the end of the day. I felt pretty accomplished though after running 5.5 miles in 15 degree weather. Piece of cake. Bring on 6.2 on Thursday! As of today, the high on Thursday is 50 degrees with sun and the low is only 31, so I'm hoping for some mid to upper 30s for the race. Perfect running weather in my opinion.

Yesterday I was pretty much worthless. I didn't get to the gym. I didn't do anything remotely resembling physical activity. But I'm ok with that. It was my rest day. Even Keifer rested...he slept pretty much all day, which is really weird for him. I'm not complaining though! I paid for that at 3:00 am when Keifer wanted to play.

I woke up this morning and did Pilates and two 10-minute workouts of a new Abs DVD I got. The plan is to run 2 miles after work today. Hopefully this rain lets up. Tomorrow I'm going to do some yoga and get another 2 mile run in. I have my sleep study consult tomorrow morning, so that should be interesting. After that, I'm going to go pick up my race packet and check out the sale that the Running Spot is having. Then it's time to rest up.

I'll probably do some yoga and take Keifer for a walk on Wednesday, but nothing big. The plan is to put up my Christmas tree with Eric's help (he took the day off from work) and that's about it. Just conserving energy for the race. Pretty boring. Thursday morning kicks off the 4-day schedule of craziness. At least I don't have to work!

No comments: